Being At The Cottage is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Being At The Cottage may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/02/2019.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website
- Information that you provide when you place an order through our website
- Information you provide through interacting with our pages on social media platforms which shall include, but not be limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- When you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence together with your name, address, email address and phone number
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, social media, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- To provide our goods and services to you including the processing of any orders and payments
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent un-authorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information We May Share With Third parties
We will never disclose or sell your information to un-trusted third parties. We only disclose your information as follows:
- To any suppliers and subcontractors (including payment providers) in order to fulfil your order
- If we are acquired by a third party, your information may be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose your information by operation of law
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure third party databases which are provided by WordPress and Mail Chimp.
We may also store manual copies of your personal information in a secure facility where access is restricted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Consent And Rights Of Access
We will only collect and store information about you with your consent. You provide us with your consent by choosing to provide your personal details when you contact us, completing our forms on our website and when you purchase our goods and services.
You can change your mind or remove or add your consent at any time. You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that Being At The Cottage holds about you. The administration charge for this service is £10.00 for each request. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date then please let us know and this will be corrected immediately. You can be removed from our database upon request.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records you should send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict thecollection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our postal address: Being At The Cottage, Laundry Cottage, Llanvapley, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 8SN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct.